Logo

American Legion T.H.B. Post 187

Logo

 

legion-logo-home.jpg

 

POST HISTORY

September 26, 1919 - Our 104th year

 

The following is a link to the Elmhurst History Museum's website that has a very informative history of T.H.B. Post 187.  

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elmhurst-history-museum/history-highlight-american-legion-in-elmhurst-il-thb-post-187/10153464948897234/

 

Former Post pictures and captions on the Elmhurst History Museum's website are below. Plus the Post building today. Many may remember the last two or all three buildings.

 

The American Legion dedicated the first permanent home for the Post at 224 S. York St. on July 1, 1945.

 

 

The Post purchased land fronting Butterfield Road in the mid-1950s. The second Post home was built on this property at 310 W. Butterfield Road for $140,000, and the grand opening was in the summer of 1957. That building was destroyed by fire on January 25, 1985.

 

 

 The Post on January 27, 2018. The third Post home re-opened at the same property on April 23, 1988.