January 1, 2023
Corona virus updates via msn.com and cdc.gov
As the corona virus situation is changing weekly we invite you to check out The CDC and MSN's websites. When we at the Legion have posted data from the internet, it seems to become obsolete very quickly.
MSN Coronavirus (COVID-19) (msn.com) provides data and updates from many sources which may give you better information than we can provide here and stay timely. There are many other good sources on the web as well, including the CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (cdc.gov)
Our goal here is to give our Legion membership starting points for Covid-19 updates. As always, if you exhibit symptoms, please contact your physician.
As of February 28, 2022, all Elmhurst American Legion programs returned to normal operations. We encourage you to wear a mask indoors at the Post if you so desire. We will continue to monitor state and national developments on any recent changes regarding the virus.
10 GOOD REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN THE LEGION:
1. Your membership card is a passport to friendship and hospitality.
2. Rehabilitation of the Veteran and his family is always our prime concern.
3. The American Legion Legislative Program is your link to your senators and congressmen.
4. The American Legion Baseball Program is second to none.
5. Premier Boys State is a week to shape a lifetime.
6. Special Olympics is a person to person program.
7. Oratorical is the youth of the day speaking out on the Constitution.
8. Like sports? The American Legion has it.
9. Gifts to hospitalized war Veterans.
10. The tenth and final reason for belonging to the Illinois Department of the American Legion is spelled out in three
WEBSITE ADVERTISING DONATIONS
To the wonderful patriotic citizens and businesses of the Elmhurst area community, join our Elmhurst American Legion Post as an Advertiser, Individual Booster, or Sponsor. 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. This website is a non-profit volunteer publication of T.H.B. Post 187 for the benefit of Veterans and Members to read about programs and events occurring at the Post. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.
If you are a local citizen, business entity, or organization, and would like to advertise on our website, please contact the Post at 630-833-7800. We will have someone get back to you. We will work with you on donation rates, publication terms, and on what category you'd like to appear in (see below), the size of copy (partial page shared with others, or full page self standing), and whether it is in color or black and white. We can also include links to your own website. Per the Legion website administrator, Legionsites.com, the copy should be in a jpeg format for the best appearance on the site.
We hope you also may consider being a sponsor or individual booster of the Post. See tab "Advertising, Supporters" for our three categories of recognition: Advertisers, Boosters, and Sponsors.
Thank you in advance for your interest and support of T.H.B. Post 187!
Elmhurst American Legion T.H.B. Post 187
© Copyright 2023 The American Legion All Rights Reserved